Destylarnia Cardhu

Cardhu Distillery was founded by John Cumming and his wife Helen in 1811 when they bought Cardow Farm on Mannoch Hill.

Thanks to historical records, we know today that it was Helen who created the whisky recipe and started its production, at the very beginning, of course, illegally, and they obtained the licenses in 1824.

In 1893, John Walker & Sons, a longtime customer, became the owner of the company.

The distillery was originally called Cardow, but when the owner became the Walker family, the name was changed in 1981 to Cardhu, which means “Black Stone” in Gaelic.

Our offices
Contact us