Destylarnia Glen Ord
Glen Ord Distillery was founded in 1838 by Thomas Mackenzie, who was a local landowner from the Mackenzie clan. However, until 1870 the distillery changed hands many times when the distillery was once again owned by the Mackenzie clan.
Glen Ord in 1923 is sold to John Dewar & Sons, which in turn resulted in the distillery becoming the property of Diageo.
In 2011, the distillery underwent a huge expansion, new fermentation vats were installed here and the number of stills was increased to 14. The plant’s capacity reaches 11 million liters of alcohol per year.