Destylarnia Royal Brackla
The Royal Brackla Distillery is located northwest of Speyside. This distillery very quickly gained the right to the nickname Royal. The title of supplier to the royal court was awarded to the distillery by King William IV in 1835.
The distillery was founded by Captain William Fraser, although it is not known exactly in what year it was founded, as some sources say 1812 as the year of the distillery’s foundation, while others claim that the distillery did not start operating until 1817. The distillery was passed down from generation to generation until the Royal Brackla Distillery Company Limited was founded in 1898, taking control of the distillery.