Tormore Distillery is a single malt whisky distillery located in Advie in the Speyside region. Despite the fact that the distillery is located on the river Spey, it draws water from the Achvochkie Burn stream.
The construction of the distillery began in 1958 and was completed two years later. So it is one of the younger Scottish distilleries. The distillery was designed by Sir Albert Richardson, the famous architect and president of the Royal Academy. The distillery is on the list of monuments of Great Britain.
An interesting fact is that during the construction of the plant, the owners dug into the ground in the courtyard of the distillery a capsule shaped to resemble an alembic. It included Long John whisky, information about production, names of employees of this distillery, samples of raw materials, information about Scottish clans and a short history of whisky. The capsule is to be opened in 2060.